Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Love and marriage

So...  My son is in love with me.  Marriage love.

After firm warnings to not get out of bed tonight, he wandered out after just a few minutes with tears streaming and the saddest little look on his face.  When I asked what was wrong, he said:

"I want you and Daddy to get divorced."

Surprised and perplexed, I asked why.

"So I can grow up and marry you."

I explained that divorce would mean that he would only get Daddy and me part time for the rest of his life, and that I will be his girl forever and ever.

Then Bryan arrived on the scene and... to turn that sad, sad frown upside down... Bryan offered to step aside when Luke's all grown-up so that he can marry me.

Luke's reply?  "Okay.  And you can live really close by and visit us all the time."

No comments: